Sunday, December 7, 2008

Alter Ego Assignment



After doing an alter-ego for the photobooth assignment, I found out that our next assignment was to create an alter-ego, using any method of our choosing.  So, this is sort of a similar alter-ego, depicted differently.  This is my drag-king persona.  The bad-boi, gender outlaw, who lives for danger and wanders alone at night.  ha, yeah.  This person is much tougher than I, and is not afraid to be exactly who they are, despite the rejection of societal norms.  I consider my gender to be rather fluid, and fluctuating, depending on factors such as mood, surroundings, time in my life, etc.  I am more feminine than masculine, however, and people certainly seem to label me as such.  So, I suppose that must be how I present.  I have been told by friends that there is something inherently feminine about me.  *shrugs*  I guess.  I don't necessarily ALWAYS feel that way.  So, this personal or alter-ego is the embodiment of that other side that is much more masculine.  I think gender is fascinating, and I enjoy thinking about the ways that people perform their gender through clothing, mannerisms, and the like. 

1 comment:

starkiller said...

your pictures are great and your paragraph is interesting. i am doing my alter ego assignment for grade 10 and i'm looking for ideas. i was thing whether presenting myself as studius to the world and being or wanting to be irresponsible is a good idea.